Front Bumper fog & DRL 2 in 1 LED lamps for Land Rover Freelander 2Part number: FOG923-ORB-Kit
Front Bumper 2in1 LED DRL & Fog Lamp Kit
including DRL controller board and wiring kit
for Land Rover Freelander 2
This listing is for a complete LED DRL/Fog upgrade kit to fit the Land Rover Freelander 2.
These lights will fit all years of the Freelander 2 - both the pre-facelift 2007 -10 (round bezels) and facelift 2010 -14 (square bezels).
We have designed and manufactured these kits to enable you to give you a complete solution to fit '2in1 LED DRL' lamps to the Freelander 2.
This kit has been a labour of love for us, we've spent some time developing the right components for this kit - you will not be able to get these components elsewhere!
In this kit you will receive:
- 2x of 2in1 LED Fog/DRL lamps
- DRL controller board (Made in the UK) & Heat shrink
- Power loom: piggy-back fuse holder, fuses and negative lead/terminal in mini conduit
- DRL splitter loom: main loom which links DRL lamps to the controller board
- Wiring sundries i.e. cable ties and connectors
These light units have 2 separate functions:
a) FOG LAMP - this is the central part of the lamp and it has a powerful LED lamp producing a clear white light.
b) DRL LAMP - this is produced by the LED around the outer edge of the lamp unit.
We have designed these DRL controller boards to our own high specification and had them manufactured in the UK by our micro-electronics partner.
The controller board give the following functions :-
1) Auto turn on when the engine starts - no need to find an ignition live feed.
2) Auto dimming of the DRL's when the lights are turned on
3) "follow me home" DRL's stay on after you stop the car to provide lighting for your walk to your front door
4) When you indicate the DRL on that side will go out so as not to obscure your indicator ( option feature if you connect your indicator feed to the controller )
The rear of the light unit is made from aluminium with a finned heatsink design to dissipate heat.
The approximate diameter of this lamp lens is 90mm across.
These units have a tough plastic lens that makes them less likely to crack than glass.
Note: The lights may flash when vehicle is connected to a battery charger as the voltage increases to 14v.
This is not a genuine Land Rover item.
These lights are not e-marked.
NOTE: A small amount of customers have experienced an issue with their parking sensors after installing these lights. If you experience any issues of this nature then the FIX is to connect the earth wire from the loom to the fog lamp.
2012+ VEHICLES: If you are installing these lights onto a 2012+ vehicle then we recommend using pin 3 (which is indicator) for the DRL cancel function and pin 11 (which is dipped headlight) for the dim function.
See below fitting video:
Which Vehicles will this fit ?
This item WILL fit all Land Rover Freelander 2 models all years from 2007 -on (both round bezel and square bezel types)
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.