Dash Cam Power Tap-In Loom for Jaguar XF with EARLY overhead console (2009-15)Part number: EWL760-Tap-Loom
Power Tap-in Loom for Overhead Console
for Jaguar XF with EARLY console (2009 -15)
This listing is for a power tap-in loom for the Jaguar XF (2009 -15).
IMPORTANT: This item in only suitable for the Jaguar XF with the EARLY type overhead console (see photo) - the early type console was fitted from 2009 until around 2015.
This custom made loom simply plugs into the front overhead console and gives you 3 power take off wires that you can use to install an accessory of your choice, dashcam etc:
- Ignition positive 12 Volts (Green wire) - this comes live when you open the door and shuts off 10 minutes after locking the car ( can be used as ignition live ).
- Permanent battery positive 12 volts (Yellow wire) - this is permanently "battery" live and can be used for cameras with parking mode
- Earth (Black wire)
The beauty of this is there is absolutely no cutting/splicing needed to your vehicles wiring which may void your warranty.
This loom is ideal to wire in a dash-cam as it puts power to where you'll mount the camera without having to route any long wires round the screen (plus you'd still need to find somewhere to take power from).
Some dash-cams come with a cigarette lighter power loom which are just unsightly and also runs the risk of having it unplugged.
This kit also allows you to have a permanent and ignition live feed so you can wire your camera to have parking mode (where supported).
This is NOT a genuine Land Rover item.
We also sell this loom kitted with a USB module as well as Nextbase and Garmin hardwire kits - see our other listings to purchase.
- Ensure you wire your accessory to the loom before fitting to the vehicle (to prevent accidental shorting when fitting)
- Disconnect your battery -ve lead (in the engine bay) before fitting the loom to the vehicle - this makes it less likely for power surges that could damage car circuits when plugging / unplugging the overhead console
- Ensure there is fuse protection in any circuit you add to the loom - we suggest a 2 Amp fuse
- The power output from this loom is 12v many dashcams use 5V USB power source - ensure you are connecting a device / circuit to this loom that uses 12v input (eg a 12v to 5V USB converter)
- Connecting any circuit to the battery live feed could lead to a flat battery unless the attached circuit contains a low voltage protection circuit that stops the power drain when the voltage falls below 12v etc
- The ignition live feed comes from the body control module - if this is overloaded the circuit is isolated and can be reset with an ignition cycle (turn the car on and off again)
- The battery positive feed comes via a fuse (5 Amps) in the fusebox
- Some badly designed electronic devices could produce power spikes and electrical interference that could damage circuits on the car or produce radio interference - we are not able to test all devices so cannot accept any responsibility for any damage from using this loom on your car but please report any issues us so we can investigate and warn others.
- If you have any issues with your car that needs investigation by a Jaguar dealer it is best to disconnect this loom so the vehicle is returned to its original configuration
- If you are only using the ignition and earth wires make sure that the battery positive wire is insulated so that it cannot short to ground
See below video
Note: This listing is for the tap-in loom only
and does not include other items show in the video.
Which Vehicles will this fit ?
This item WILL fit the Jaguar XF 1st generation with the early type console (from 2009 to around 2015)
This item WILL NOT fit the 'All New' Jaguar XF which was released in 2016 (see photos)
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.