Dash Cam Overhead Console Wiring Kit - USB loom for Range Rover L405Part number: EWL201-USB-Kit
Power Tap-in Loom + USB adapter KIT for Overhead Console
for Range Rover L405 (2013 -17)
This listing is for a plug and play power tap-in loom plus USB adapter for the Range Rover L405 (2013 -17).
This kit will give you a female USB (5v) port with ignition live connection in the roof-space area above the overhead console which can be used to install a dashcam.
This custom made tap-in loom simply plugs into the front overhead console and gives you an ignition positive and negative which is is pre-soldered to a USB port adapter and gives you a high power (3amp) female 'USB-A' port (5V) to plug a dashcam into.
The beauty of this is there is absolutely no alteration/cutting/splicing needed to your vehicles wiring which may void your warranty.
This kit is ideal to wire in a dash-cam as it puts power to where you'll mount the camera without having to route any long wires round the screen (plus you'd still need to find somewhere to take power from).
All you need to do is feed the wire through the headlining at the top of the windscreen into the roof space - we found a flexi ruler ideal for this!
A hard-wired solution is much better than using a cigarette lighter power loom which are just unsightly and also runs the risk of having it inadvertently unplugged.
We also sell the tap-in loom and USB adapter separately - please see our other listings to purchase these on their own.
We also sell the tap-in loom kitted with Nextbase and Garmin hard wire kits - see our other listings to purchase these.
NOTE - Maximum power output is 15w ( 3 Amps at 5 Volts ) so make sure your USB device is not rated above 15W / 3 Amps
This is not a genuine Land Rover item.
- Disconnect your battery -ve lead (in the boot) before fitting the loom to the vehicle - this makes it less likely for power surges that could damage car circuits when plugging / unplugging the overhead console.
- The ignition live feed comes from the body control module - if this is overloaded the circuit is isolated and can be reset with an ignition cycle (turn the car on and off again)
- If you have any issues with your car that needs investigation by a Land Rover dealer it is best to disconnect this loom so the vehicle is returned to its original configuration.
- On some vehicles we have had reports of issues with DAB reception and also interference with the auto wiper function but these are not common.
See below video.
Which Vehicles will this fit ?
SAFETY NOTICE: Please do NOT fit this loom to any other vehicle than it is intended for - although connectors may appear the same and physically fit, wiring will differ.
This item WILL fit the Range Rover L405 2013 -17 models (this may fit the 2018 facelift models but we have not tested it!)
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.