Dash Cam Overhead Console Wiring Kit - Nextbase Hardwire Kit for Discovery 5Part number: EWL423-Nextbase-Kit
Power Tap-in Loom + Nextbase Dashcam Hardwire Kit
for Land Rover Discovery 5
This listing is for a plug and play power tap-in loom plus Nextbase Dashcam hardwire kit for the Land Rover Discovery 5.
This kit includes:
- Powerful UK custom 'plug and play' power tap in loom for overhead console
- Genuine Nextbase Dashcam Hardwire kit
We have pre-wired these items together for you so this is a plug and play solution - no cutting or wiring skills needed.
A ferrite core is also supplied fitted (double pass-through) which helps suppress any interference - we have also added a 2 Amp inline fuse.
The custom made tap-in loom simply plugs into the front overhead console and gives you the power feed ( 12v Permanent Live ) you need but without the need for any alteration/cutting/splicing to your vehicles wiring (which may void your warranty).
This kit is ideal to wire in a dash-cam as it puts power to where you'll mount the camera without having to route any long wires round the screen (plus you'd still need to find somewhere to take power from).
We have wired the tap-in loom to a Nextbase wiring kit which gives you a 5v mini USB connector that can you plug directly into your compatible Nextbase dashcam ( Dashcam not supplied).
The tap-in loom uses a permanent live and the Nextbase control box will put the camera to sleep unless one of the following happens :-
a) You start the car engine - normal mode
b) There is movement sensed ( shock sensor ) - parking mode
c) The car moves ( GPS sensor )
In addition the control box has a battery save feature that will cut power to the camera if the battery voltage drops - this prevents the camera causing a flat battery if the car is left in an airport car park for 2 weeks etc
Using this permanent feed allows the dashcam to operate when the vehicle is not in use - "parking mode" (for surveillance purposes).
This is not a genuine Land Rover product.
- Disconnect your battery +ve lead (in the engine bay) before fitting the loom to the vehicle - this makes it less likely for power surges that could damage car circuits when plugging / unplugging the overhead console.
- If you have any issues with your car that needs investigation by a Land Rover dealer it is best to disconnect this loom so the vehicle is returned to its original configuration.
See below fitting video showing the fiiting process in our Range Rover L405
Which Vehicles will this fit ?
This item WILL fit the Land Rover Discovery 5
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.